Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to the blog

It's been a while...weeks maybe...since I last blogged. I blame my absence on numerous factors....
1) Adam's been off work the past 2 weeks and I have taken advantage of having him home to watch the dog, and I suppose it was nice spending time with HIM, too. =)
2) School's DONE! I officially graduated on the 19th. Yeah that was a biggy...I can actually read books from my bookshelf now...and there's no more Sundays filled with guilt about not getting my weekly readings done. Right now it still feels like I'm on school break, and I'm waiting for emails from Spring semester professors.
3) Job hunting - yeah, I'm back on track with this task unfortunately. My last interview didn't pan out (I'm overqualified...WHAT?!?!), which was a huge disappointment and has really caused me to refocus where I think I might be heading with this Masters. I see big decisions and changes on the horizon, but that's all I'll say for now.
4) Holidays & Family - but, of course! Christmas & New Years were great...we were able to spend plenty of time with both families, in fact, Adam's parents came over for Christmas dinner, which was a nice change to my family's usual plans. Callie had a great time playing with Adam's brother's dog, Leo - he's only 1, so he can keep up with our 14 week old puppy!

So now, with many of the big hurdles behind me & the holidays over, I go back to a "normal" schedule, minus school. Wedding planning continues as well....I'll spare you the details, don't worry. Adam's back to work today, which means I'm home alone with a crazy puppy while trying to work & keep the place decently clean. I'm just thankful that you can lock puppies up in their kennel when you need to take a shower or run an errand...too bad you can't do that with babies!!!!

No comments: