Thursday, January 15, 2009

Freedom!!

All of this pain and suffering the past year is finally coming to an end, and may also end up being worth it. After 3 days of waiting, very impatiently, I received the call today - a job offer, inclusive of a massive (what I think is massive, anyway) raise, challenging but very interesting projects, and a laptop. I will be a Clinical Research Coordinator for a local private Nephrology (kidney) practice. I will travel up and down the front range in Denver visiting dialysis clinics, interacting with patients enrolled in our research studies. This is essentially what I am doing now at the IRB, just the complete other side of things....which is awesome! The hours are demanding and my commute will be at least 35 minutes each way, but it's all going to be worth it.

To think that I've finished my Masters AND found a "real" job all in a month is just incredible. I don't mind that this job isn't related to Forensics...my experience certainly applies, and I look forward to learning even more. This was definitely the first job interview where I felt like my education was appreciated, no matter the subject, and I felt very proud of my accomplishments.

I have been job hunting since January 2008 - on and off again I suppose -but the past few months have been very stressful. I have become increasingly unhappy at my current job, and am glad I am getting out before all hell breaks loose. Morale is especially low, and after some recent events within my department, I am very very anxious to get out of there. Money has been a big worry, too...with the wedding, honeymoon, school loans and basic expenses, it's been stressful. I have had little to no motivation to work my maximum 39.5 hours/week since this past spring, and that hurts when the paycheck gets deposited! I understand it's my fault for not working as many hours as I could, but if a company does nothing to help morale, what else is there? I am so glad to have found something that will be different and exciting enough to keep me motivated no matter how stressful or frustrating things could get.

I have yet to give notice at work, but my start date is February 9th. It's going to take every bit of patience I have to remain sane over these next few weeks....it's just nice to not only see the light at the end of the tunnel now, but to also see the reward outside of that tunnel without barriers in between.

1 comment:

Hilah said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you! Congrats on the degree and the new job!