After reading back on some past entries that I wrote, especially the most recent one, I have the overwhelming urge to apologize. I realized just how whiney I sound when talking about my job. I guess this blog is a good outlet for it, but I almost feel that I went overboard. I know I'm not the only one who has had to work in a cruddy work environment. I should just be thankful to even have a job at this point, in this economy!!
Honestly, despite the crappy things with this job, or maybe thanks to these crappy things, I'm leaving it a better and more professional person. My only regret is not having the guts to stand up against those who pulled certain tricks when I knew in both my heart and my head that they were wrong. I remember one incident in particular, all I could do was stand there and smile, as if I was completely satisfied with the resolution presented to me....but really, my stomach was in a knot creeping it's way to my throat where I feared if I opened my mouth I'd spur off word vomit that might lead to my firing....so I guess it's a good thing I didn't say anything? I don't know. Hindsight is always 20/20 and I'm learning to let go of these incidents and regrets over time. When all is said and done, I can't deny that the trials and tribulations at this job, and my ability to remain professional 99.7% of the time will pay off down the road (karma, perhaps?). Most of all, lessons were learned that will stick with me for life.
In Which I Come To A Conclusion...
12 years ago
1 comment:
Don't sweat it, Kim--learn from the experience, and move on to the next job with a fresh attitude, but a little more wariness. Eventually you will have the leverage and confidence to speak your mind in a tactful way to try to change things. This is part of the process.
I dislike people who whine about their job, and don't do anything about it. You are doing something about it. Once Friday comes, look forward not back.
(sorry for the long comment, I'm just passionate about this.)
Post a Comment