Monday, November 3, 2008

The calm before the storm

This weekend was a good reminder of the craziness that is about to ensue. With the first of the "big" holidays behind us, turning the clocks back (we needed this extra sleep!), and a rare dinner with both sets of parents, we finished off the weekend with a lazy Sunday at home....knowing that the next 8 weeks are going to be nuts!

* Callie, our new puppy, comes home Nov 21! - This means lots of shopping, and "puppy proofing" the house
* My dad is having knee replacement surgery Nov 18th - with this and a new puppy, Thanksgiving should be interesting
* 2 papers due in the next month
* Finals in 6 weeks
* Graduation in 9 weeks
* The pressure to escape my current job will only increase as I approach graduation, so I suppose I should find the time to complete another 2 dozen job applications
* Adam is most likely going to be out of town for half of December...leaving me with a new puppy (and an angry cat)!
* 3 family birthdays in December
* Usual chaotic holiday shopping...only made more stressful by a tight budget this year! At least we can bring dad along for handicap parking =)

So, today begins the first of many crazy weeks ahead. I'm sure we'll come out alive, but I think I'll need a vacation by mid-January. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to take a week off before starting a new job....but I guess I need to find a new job first. *sigh*

No comments: