Well, I was hoping to have more exciting stuff to blog about by the end of this weekend, but my plan to attend my 2nd Adult Congenital Heart Assoc. Mtg tonight didn't pan out. Note to self: Avoid the nacho cheese @ the Rio next time. Blech.
We were able to spend time with both family and friends this weekend - Dinner with a large group for a friend's birthday, and breakfast at the Egg and I with my side of the family. My cousin Stacey (mom's sister's daughter) was in town from Atlanta for business, and we all got together for breakfast. She got engaged on October 31st, planning on a June wedding. Her sister - my other cousin of course - Becky, got engaged a few months ago and will be getting married 3 weeks after Adam and I in Texas. Needless to say, it's going to be a travel-wedding-filled (and expensive) 2009! My grandpa is a quiet man but I can tell he's tickled that all 3 of his granddaughters are engaged to be married within the next year! It will be an eclectic mix of weddings, as well...One Catholic, one Jewish, and one non-denominational. Whew!
With just 10 days until the puppy arrives, we bought the bedding that fits in the kennel. It's fun setting things up, almost like getting ready for a baby in a way I think. We already talk about how we'll manage social events scheduled within the first few weeks of having the puppy. We won't be able to leave her alone for very long the first few months while she's potty training, so we'll have to be creative about our schedules, I'm sure.
I received good news on Friday in my class that pretty much determines graduation -- while I'm on track credits wise, and my grades have been awesome since the beginning, this current professor feels the need to threaten last-semester students w/ our current research project. Since the program doesn't have a thesis involved, she's attempting to make this research class intimidating. Really, it's not...but there's always that fear that one class or teacher could hold you back. Anyway, my group received major kudos on our progress report. We honestly felt we weren't going in the right direction with our project, but she was impressed, so I'm happy! I can't believe graduation is 6 weeks away. Especially considering how much has to get done before then!!!
That's my only update for now. Not very exciting, sorry. Maybe tomorrow I can bitch about how awful my stress test at the doc's was?
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment