Well, we have pictures of 3 pups...we just don't know which one is ours, yet. I wish we could take home all of them. All 3 of the pups - born September 15th - in the litter are female, and we get 2nd pick on Friday, November 21st.
The weather has been unusually warm lately. Colorado usually gets it's first snow by the end of October, but the Denver-metro area is still waiting! I just know we'll get a big snow storm the day we pick up Callie...it's definitely our luck. Well, regardless, I am going to enjoy every minute taking this pup outside for a potty break or a walk, or both.
Adam bought those "catches" to put on the cabinet doors. Our cat, Harley, has a tendency to open all of the cabinet doors at night - in the kitchen AND the master bath - and the last thing we need is a whiny puppy stuck in a cabinet. We have Callie's bed, kennel, plenty of toys & a travel crate. All we need now is her food! Harley found the box of dog bones and tore a corner off...plastic and cardboard everywhere.
I have a feeling these two animals combined are going to give me and Adam one helluva time! My parents' westie, Yoda, didn't have much of a puppy phase. I spent the first 2 weeks with her at home before going off to DU, and sure she had her potty training issues, but she never chewed on shoes or ripped apart electronics. However, I am fully expecting our new puppy to dig, chew, and poop and pee everywhere. Just preparing for the worst, ya know.
After we pick up Callie from the foster mom's house in Littleton, we plan on heading straight home for a week of getting used to the cat & the first floor of the townhouse. My mom really wants us to bring Callie to her house - 5 minutes from where we're picking her up - but since my dad will only have been home for 1 day post-surgery by then, I think it's best we wait until Thanksgiving. Although, it would be pretty funny to watch a puppy run circles around my gimpy, drugged-up father.
I've put my volunteer hours at the Denver Medical Examiner's Office on hold until after January 1, knowing that between this dog, work, and finishing school, I'm going to be pulling my hair out. Oh, and not to mention the 2 big holidays in between, which will involve hauling the new pup to both my parent's house and Adam's parent's house. Attempting to attend company holiday parties will be difficult, since we won't be able to leave Callie home alone for more than 2-3 hours for the first month or two. I suppose that having to stay home every night will save us money!
Harley is like my "first born", and she'll always be my baby, but I'm pretty sure I can put up with her being a snot toward me in retaliation for bringing home this foreign, annoying creature. I really hope Callie will have the spunk to tease Harley and put up with her Princess attitude. I am sure we'll have many funny videos and pictures as those two learn to get along! Eventually, they will be best buds and Harley will forgive me!
So...10 more days until the furball comes home...here's to hoping for good weather on the 21st!
2 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS!!! THOSE PUPPIES ARE SO CUTE!!!! Are they Westies?
Yep!! Adorable, right? I can't wait to pick ours out!!! I want all 3, dang it, especially knowing that only 2 of the 3 have been claimed...it's going to be hard leaving one behind.
Post a Comment