Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Job Prospects + Prayer Request

Well, day 2 on this thing, I'm on a roll! =) As many of you know, I am very unhappy with my current job situation, and I have been since the beginning of this year. I am unable to leave it as they're providing me the flexibility to work from home to accommodate my Friday class schedule (I have to drive 2 hrs each way). But, as I approach graduation, I can FINALLY seek something full time to start end of Dec/early Jan. I have submitted at least 15 applications for jobs over the past few weeks, and I've heard NOTHING. Last night I applied to what might be the most promising situation so far: Entry-level underwriter for Liberty Mutual. To be honest, my current job and finishing up this degree has burnt me out of science for a while, so why not go into insurance? Yeah, I can't explain the logic behind it, but whatever. My goal right now and for the near future is to simply obtain a stable job that pays well (even this entry-level job is 41-46 a year!) so I can a) save for the wedding, b) pay off my credit card, and c) put some aside in savings....all in hopes of someday going back for a Nursing degree....then I can FINALLY get my dream job!


On a side note...a much less uplifting one....a friend of mine from work just found out this week she has Stage 3 cancer. She's only 19, and was engaged last month, hoping to get married in May 2009. For now, of course, she is focusing on getting well. I have not heard much in terms of a prognosis or treatment plan, but if you all could please pray or keep her in your thoughts or whatever it is you do to send good vibes, it is very much appreciated.

Have a good one....

No comments: