
October in Colorado is known to be the first snowy month of the season. We've even had record-breaking blizzards in October. This is a big reason why we chose to have our fall wedding in September!! But this year, this October, it's now the 21st, and still...no snow.
Yesterday was the closest it's come so far in the metro area. Cloudy, 50s, moisture in the air...but all that fell was rain. Tomorrow we're supposed to get a "rain/snow mix", but that's no fun...nothing to shovel. Not that I have a driveway, but still, snow is only worth it if it's shovelable (yes, that's a word). And it's supposed to be upper 60s this weekend, what?! I just put away all of my shorts & tank tops. It's really not cool of mother nature to mess with my wardrobe organization.
Even worse, this year is the first year in a long time where I am truly ready for snow. After spending a summer without air conditioning in a tiny little town home with no air flow to cool you off, and working from home, therefore not having to worry about traveling on icy roads, AND now I'm finally in a place with heat that reaches all rooms...I am SO ready for snow!! The one time I'm looking forward to it for all the right reasons, we have a dry spell.
Well, at least I'm not an anxious 6 year old whose trick-or-treating will be impeded by the first major snow of the season.......
No comments:
Post a Comment